Vast Church Updates
Here is what has happened in the last month at VAST Church…
● Applications for new potential elders Jonathan Martin and Ken Purvis are under review
● Please submit any elder candidates who you feel would be a good elder (please see 1 Tim 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9 for basic qualifications)
Home Church Communities
● If you are not in a home church community please consider joining (there are masked groups available). Each group focuses on a particular book of the Bible or Biblical topic on a weekly basis. These are a vital part of VAST Church to deepen relationships within our body. Contact Ken at 541.704.8592 for more information you can view the VAST APP or VAST Website at www.vastchurch.com for more information
● Robin Gerke is taking over for Diane Weitzman as the Team Lead and grateful for her volunteering and bringing experience as Robin has led other women’s ministry teams before. Diane will stay on with the team in a different supporting role
● Other lead roles
○ Lisa May-Bible Study Coordinator (curriculum development)
○ Diane Weitzman-Support/Discipleship
○ TBD-Service and Practical Needs Coordinator
○ Chris Drew-Social and Hospitality Coordinator
● Stacy Ransom coordinated “Welcome to VAST” for newer attenders at VAST both virtually and in person (after a Wed night service) to acquaint newcomers to what VAST is about. Thank you Stacy!
● Website improvements continue to bring the website current
● Simple Church App keeps gaining subscribers (to find out what is happening at VAST on your mobile device here are the download instructions.
● Mack Jenks led Elders discussion on how to best identify and consider how to serve our members now and going forward
Community Care (Formerly Benevolence)
● Elders committed to funding Community Care with a larger amount of funds to help the needs of church members and the community
● A new set of policies was approved by Elders to provide guidelines to Community Care Committee for distribution of funds to those in need (stay tuned for these guidelines being published for VAST church in April)
High School/Middle School Ministry
● Breathe and Collide summer events being planned and dates to be sent out in early April
● Young Life and Wyldlife summer camps in planning stages
○ High School Camp June 28 – July 2
○ Wyldlife Camp July 5 -8
● There is also a weekly prayer meeting at 9am every Friday at the VAST office to pray with and for students.
● Reminder-If you love Jesus and have a heart for teens in Sisters hearing the Gospel contact Shannon for more information. (206) 356-0972
● The last Wednesday of every month is Family Worship night which gives kids an opportunity to participate in worship, and a story so please bring your kids that night especially!
● Reminder- the Children’s ministry is supported by a number of volunteers so if you have
a heart for this age group-even just to volunteer a couple of times a year-please contact Pastor David Yost at 541.771.9731.
● Jim Horsley heads this team and has developed some new reports available to church leadership to keep a beat on the finances of the church
● Capstone CPA’s were hired as consultants for VAST as needed Worship Team
● Erik Himbert now leading with a new guitar! Thanks to Erik for all his efforts these past several years!
● Volunteers are still needed once a month for the Worship Tech team to help offload the current volunteers. Training provided, and not tech experience required. Call Erik at 805.746.0677 for more information
● Katie Keranen – Director gave an update at a Wednesday night service on how the Hope Africa children were being cared for and taught during the Covid pandemic
● Fika is hosting a Hope Africa benefit day on April 1st…for real, no fooling! A portion of their proceeds will benefit the children of Hope Africa, Katie Keranen – Director will be at Fika all day (7a.m.-4p.m.) to share about the program. She would love to see you, so please, bring a friend and stop in to chat!
Holy Cow Ministry
● Jared Vogt-Director of Holy Cow spoke at a Wednesday night service to give an update on Holy Cow. Currently, Holy Cow is funding the building of an orphanage in Southern India.
Men’s Bible Studies
● Studies happen throughout the week at various times! Here’s a link to look at the studies available (scroll down) https://www.vastchurch.com/adults/mens-bible-studies/ or for
more information you can view the VAST Mobile App
○ Need to catch up on sermons? Here’s a link to all of them (especially this current series on Daniel!) https://www.vastchurch.com/listen/ for more information you can view the VAST Mobile App
○ FYI Pastor Ryan will be taking a sabbatical this summer and Dustin Smith is helping to coordinate the sermon schedule.
To stay connected with us, please download our APP for more in the moment information